PDA

View Full Version : man defense

fundamentals
11-09-2009, 12:48 PM
is it me or is it hard as hell to play man defense on this game? off ball and on ball

keshon5
11-09-2009, 01:42 PM
its hard man...i cant get it right for shit...i try to help out and rotate as quickly as possible but most times i still get scored on! i think its all gotta do with timing...

slawdawg
11-09-2009, 02:51 PM
i've been playin zone since the game came out. I only swith to man to man if i'm getting beat in my zone and that's not often. I always wondered if majority of the people playing use zone or man. might start a new post to find out??

o 99 PROBL3MS o
11-09-2009, 07:00 PM
I am running man to man and having quite a bit of success actually. It doesn't hurt that I use a good defensive team though in Miami. it is tougher than in the past but I have started to find it challenging and fun at times. I use the Hawks also and have literally shut Lebron down with Josh Smith. Sticking Wade (96Def) and chalmers (87def) on the Kobe's has made many opponent quit. It just requires practtice and patience. I got burned a lot at first but now it is almost 2nd nature. There is nothing better than seeing your opponent call a quick iso then forcing them into a charge or travel lol.

fundamentals
11-09-2009, 09:37 PM
yea im sure its not hard to play defense with a team with good defenders. im trying to play with the blazers and they get beat off the dribble with ease! i hate that!! im force to play zone but i have trouble with that too

pholder00
11-10-2009, 04:29 AM
It's not just you, playing man defense in this game is harder than advanced physics, Im just going to keep playing matches until I get my anticipations and timing on point to be effective,

kevinjamel
11-10-2009, 07:11 AM
playing man is tuff it does take timing an patience but u knw what i was taking alot of ls yesterday an i switched to broad cast an i was plying wit the spurs vs the blazers an man d is alot easier at that angle along wit 2-3 also less passes get picked off i made the guy quit

Melman
11-10-2009, 08:53 AM
U just have to lay off your man a bit and play realistic. U cant expect to play tight on your man the whole posession, u have to pick your spot on when to body him up and or funnel him to your help defense. Also another good way to get deflections and steals this year is by pressing the Y button. I actually use the Y button more this year than the X button for steals. (I only use Y for the passing lanes steals)

Showtime3224
11-10-2009, 10:38 AM
I actually think since the patch came out that man defense became incredibly dominant and I use it exclusively now. I never thought I'd say that since I've always been a 2-3 zone guy. Honestly now I just do my best to stay in front the ballhandler but if he does get by me I'm not even worried because the patch forces everyone into weakass, low percentage, body-contact layups in the paint now. When I play Zone I find that you don't get the same physical (body-contact) defense in the paint as you do in Man.

igotu005
03-24-2010, 09:02 PM
i always used 2-3 zone till this year now with my warriors association i play man