PDA

View Full Version : Sixers

Wooska
11-10-2009, 09:10 PM
I run with Philly. I like them on D cause of the young athleticism, but its hard to get anything going on offense. Usually the fastbreak is where all the points are comin from and thats not gonna win many games. Any tips on what to do with them with the halfcourt O?

pholder00
11-11-2009, 08:18 AM
When you talk about half court offense your talking about set plays, check the midrange section for some backdoor plays, also post plays are good in halfcourt, run a quick post play to Brand or go into set plays for post plays last but not least the man defense killer play(the pick and roll) you can run the quick play or go to set plays for the pick and roll. When you do the set plays be sure to look for other things like players cutting past the basket.

Blacktop
11-11-2009, 11:05 AM
try running BOX TOP OF KEY THREE its designed for iggy. its great for a catch and release. you can also let williams shoot the mid range when sammy and young set their picks.

PG MOTION 1 BACKDOOR CUT. you can run this as is or give it to brand for the elbow jumper

C FLEX 1 LANE JUMPER. this play is good for getting sammy setup deep in the paint. in the beginning of the play you also get YOUNG AND IGGY on the wing together for some SG AND SF pick and roll action.

I usually sub in the bench as a unit. those plays work with this lineup as well.
PG jrue holiday
SG willie green
SF rodney carney
PF mo speights
C brezec