PDA

View Full Version : point of emphasis

shady_P
11-18-2009, 04:00 PM
whats up w/ point of emphasis? if you get a boost, why dont people select one every chance they get?I make sure to use mine in ranked games...I was wondering if choosing a POE causes you to sacrifice something else, it would only make sense...maybe your team fatigues quicker? what exactly do you get when you choose ball handling as a P.O.E.? I know choosing one definately shows.

willardjfilmore
11-18-2009, 04:38 PM
It is interesting how no one seems to use those strategically. I always use a ball handling boost in a timeout, but it's difficult to tell the difference in the game.

da king kr
11-18-2009, 11:24 PM
i only use the rebounding and defense POE

CORY GIZZLE 45
11-19-2009, 01:05 AM
i only use the rebounding and defense POE

i agree sir.

sk7684
11-19-2009, 01:29 AM
i only use defence it does help to but i will try rebounding

shady_P
11-22-2009, 12:22 AM
i start off w/ shot selection. if the other team gets hot, defense. defense seems to be the most helpful especially for stopping lebron. speaking of lebron i get so irritated by those who dont know how to play except by abusing lebron. i noticed these are often the same folks who like to disconnect at the last second to avoid a loss on their record, and various other childish, cheap and overly aggressive and pathetic behavior, like rapidly pausing the game, spending 3 minutes on a replay, etc. sorryfor the tangent but i needed to vent.
ps-somebody please send me a link to where i can find the detailed meanings of the player attributes...some of them seem redundant orcontradictory. (how can you have low shot inside and high shot close?...ok thats enough outta me

poloman
11-22-2009, 12:20 PM
I use defense too, plus it helps if you are playing with a defensive minded team

postah
11-30-2009, 02:36 PM
i use shot selection when i notice my opponent playing a zone and giving up open jumpshots.... defense when i need to make big stops or i'm getting eaten alive by pip.... Rebounding if i'm getting killed on the glass (or if i'm using a team with crazy offensive rebounders to gain a huge advantage)...

i never use ball control as turnovers are not usually that big of an issue for me

Dpunkz
11-30-2009, 03:08 PM
The points of emphasis temporally boost your players ratings given the option you select... thats how it worked last year i assume its the same way this year.