PDA

View Full Version : Tip for shooting mid range shots...for everyone

smithspot
12-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Here is tips for shooting mids...

Here are a couple of must for successfully hit mid range shots:
**You must play with a particular team alot (so you are able to learn the player releases)
**The player must be rested (if the player fatigue is 2 bars or lower you are going to miss majority of the shots)
**Review the players ratings (make sure they have a good mid rating also check the off dribble shot rating)
**Don't get discourage if you miss a couple in a row (it happens...no one shots 100%)

Shooting mid range shots just expands your offense. Most don't know how to defend a shooting team, because most online players only shoot in the paint or 3pters. This will make you harder to defend especially in clutch situations.

MOST IMPORTANTLY. IF YOU WANT TO GET MORE OPEN SHOTS YOU WILL HAVE TO RUN PLAYS. If you are not use to running plays it will be frustrating at first, but as soon as you get the hang of the play it will do wonders...

GOOD LUCK!!!

xBALLiNx2O1Ox
12-09-2009, 02:42 PM
I dont take jumpshots often due to the fact I'n using a Run-N-Gun Offense. It helps keeping the fast paced tempo.

postah
12-09-2009, 02:54 PM
u want to make midrange jumpers without takign the time to get used to ur team?? choose the wizards and shoot with caron butler.. 2 stamina bars or lower?? n problem if he's open

Dpunkz
12-09-2009, 03:20 PM
great guide but i think when energy bars get flashing at 1 is when ther player ratings take a dive. Also super quick guards that have a quick release shot animtion you can blow by the on ball D with isomotion and then step back (tap Y) and pop it. Guys like monta ellis, russle west brook, arenas... offensive awarness and shot off dribble i say it all the time helps alot to. The step back is crazy if you can get by the on ball D because when they recover they try and get all the way in front of you so if you step back with Y it glitches kinda lol and gets you alot of space.

AznLambo
12-09-2009, 04:08 PM
another thing that can truly help is getting HOT..... make some layups and get hot.... since they implemented the "hot" feature.. the "yellow" doesnt seem to make your shots go in against the cpu....even if u have good looks,being yellow (normal) doesnt mean u can drain the shot more often.... this is when the flashing red comes in.... the "red" flashing in your cellphone bar kinda thing will help you make more of your shots.... even contested 3's can be made..<<--not often but it can

Rondo_9
12-09-2009, 04:30 PM
thanks for the tips. I don't shoot the ball much. All i do is take it to the hole. But I really aprecciate the tips thanks.

smithspot
12-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Its truly sad how many people online don't take mid range jumpers. Its to the point I will play 10ft off my opponent and he still won't attempt a jumper. He will just continue to drive to the hole. That type of game is no fun at all.

xBALLiNx2O1Ox
12-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Its truly sad how many people online don't take mid range jumpers. Its to the point I will play 10ft off my opponent and he still won't attempt a jumper. He will just continue to drive to the hole. That type of game is no fun at all.

Its stupid when they have guys like Kobe,Lebron and your 10ft away from them and they still decide to drive in.

crazytao
12-10-2009, 11:33 PM

exactly.....i used to do nothing but run and gun when i was like 14...

in order to kill the defense you need to mix it up

postah
12-11-2009, 07:52 AM
i like seeing my opponent try and drive all game with their superstar... drains ur fatigue bar much quicker... midrange jumpers require no turbo drain .. also players such as dwayne wade have hot spots that cover 60% of the area within the 3 point line lol

TooTuff
12-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Dirk's mid range is like LeBron cheesin up the paint