PDA

View Full Version : I need advice please

Shady
02-07-2010, 11:38 AM
I just bought NBA 2k10 and I've been having trouble with my created player. He is a 6'7 SF who is a 43 overall and I'm having trouble scoring more than 5 points in training camp. What is the best way to get started? I want my character to be Lebron James esque. Which skills should I focus on upgrading first?

ShAdOwRiDeRz
02-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Well first of all the only way you are going to be LeBron James-esque is thru a dunk package & shooting release... Second, in order to "stay on the floor" you need to boost 4 major things: Stamina (so you dont get tired so easily while guarding on D), On Ball Defense (makes you become a lockdown defender), Ball Security (you will get ripped easily if this is not up), & Steals (creating turnovers and on ball D goes hand-in-hand with this).

Everything else is pretty much automatic like Shots (Inside, Close, etc) along with Speed, Ball Handling & Rebounding. If you do these things you will boost your overall rating dramatically and eventually become a starter and superstar on the team eventually...

Notes:
Position: SG (Height 6-7)
Overall Rating: 96
Shot Release: Carmelo Anthony
Dunk Package: Vince Carter
Free Throw Release: Kevin Durant

Shady
02-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Ok I have been using all of my skill points on shots and it hasn't really been helping me. I'm thinking about starting over. If I use my skill points to upgrade the four things you mentioned, it should help increase me overall?

daylon100
02-07-2010, 02:33 PM
yes if you want to make your guy really good you have to put time into it lol no worryies when i started out i avged 6ppg 2rpg 7apg nothing to worry about man but if you want him to be lebron james type than you start with layup,dunking,vert,stanima,speed,quickness,on ball defence an get those all done than start your shooting an than ball handling an you make a guy like lebron james but also note man not as easy done as said i been playing this for along time im 99overall an i been doing this sense first day this game came out but im avging 34ppg 12apg 11rpg 2spg lol i play alot an have 10min quarters so my stats are high an my guy is a 6'8 250pounder just like lebron james but i play alot of point because ball handling an off hand an ball sec are all 95

RavensHeat
02-09-2010, 12:13 AM
yes if you want to make your guy really good you have to put time into it lol no worryies when i started out i avged 6ppg 2rpg 7apg nothing to worry about man but if you want him to be lebron james type than you start with layup,dunking,vert,stanima,speed,quickness,on ball defence an get those all done than start your shooting an than ball handling an you make a guy like lebron james but also note man not as easy done as said i been playing this for along time im 99overall an i been doing this sense first day this game came out but im avging 34ppg 12apg 11rpg 2spg lol i play alot an have 10min quarters so my stats are high an my guy is a 6'8 250pounder just like lebron james but i play alot of point because ball handling an off hand an ball sec are all 95

10 minute quarters? How the heck did that happen. I thought my player mode had universal settings, mine is set at 5min quarters and I just completed 1 season, now 70 overall 6'7 SF. Am I getting the short end here, how many skill points do you earn after a good game... Im at about 1300-1400

Tekaran
02-16-2010, 12:47 PM
I had really good luck doing this:

Consistency - 80
Vertical - 80 (This helps many other skills)
Shoot off Dribble - 80
Shoot in Traffic - 80

Do alot of screens when you are lower level.