PDA

View Full Version : How to guard highflyers (Lebron, AI, JR Smith.etc)

sweetness91
02-10-2010, 05:07 PM
When im playing 2k online I am having an extremely difficult time guarding guys who can jump over 3 defenders from anywhere in the paint and whose jumpshot you have to respect, that is, Lebron James and J.R Smith. It seems my opponent can just dribble the ball around the perimeter for basically the entire shot clock until he is able to find one breach take one dribble inside the arch and just slam it down on anybody. Now if I try double teaming the player they just simply blow by me while im pressing the LB and waiting for a teammate to help trap the player or the player just finds his open teammate for a wide open 3.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dpunkz
02-10-2010, 05:17 PM
When im playing 2k online I am having an extremely difficult time guarding guys who can jump over 3 defenders from anywhere in the paint and whose jumpshot you have to respect, that is, Lebron James and J.R Smith. It seems my opponent can just dribble the ball around the perimeter for basically the entire shot clock until he is able to find one breach take one dribble inside the arch and just slam it down on anybody. Now if I try double teaming the player they just simply blow by me while im pressing the LB and waiting for a teammate to help trap the player or the player just finds his open teammate for a wide open 3.

Any help would be appreciated.

Try running a 1-3-1 and user the PG and PF... If hes trying to dribble around like u say that 1-3-1 should jam up the paint / penetration and your double teaming will be quicker. Also what team r u running with? That has alot to do with it also... Some teams just have no D in this game at all no matter what u try.

sweetness91
02-10-2010, 05:39 PM
for the first half of the season i was using the bulls, but their inability to make open jumpers made me switch to the kings. ill try that thanks

mrutubeize
07-07-2010, 10:53 PM
when theyre about 2 dunk strip the ball
or try 2 draw a charge

Falconish
07-09-2010, 02:34 PM
1) Try bumping them and stop the ball
2) Use 1-3-1 zone to make them shoot Js

igotu005
07-09-2010, 06:03 PM
use ur bigs like spencer hawes to force them into that shit shot animations that no one can make

AirJallin
08-22-2010, 12:48 PM
well other then that can anyone helpme out with the nuggets team's shot releases? its so much harder in quick ranked games. sometimes i will be lucky scoring 30 with either Melo, Chaunce, or JR. but im like on and off. can someone help me out there?

AkronHammer
08-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Try running a 1-3-1 and user the PG and PF... If hes trying to dribble around like u say that 1-3-1 should jam up the paint / penetration and your double teaming will be quicker. Also what team r u running with? That has alot to do with it also... Some teams just have no D in this game at all no matter what u try.

yo punkz what team do u have the most success wit on d?

2kChamp1997
08-25-2010, 09:32 AM

TRY A CHARGE.........You know there gunna drive so on there way to the hoop press the button.........DUHHHHHH:cool:

Shane11203
08-27-2010, 01:31 AM
i double team in the post most the time it really works and plus wit dpunks sliders it might work better

postah
08-27-2010, 08:48 AM
use ur bigs like spencer hawes to force them into that shit shot animations that no one can make

cut him off in the paint and just hold left trigger... don't try to jump

it'll put him into that trashy animation that misses 9/10 times (provided you didn't allow lebron/J.R. to get scorching hot)