PDA

View Full Version : I need a Strategy to stop the Lakers! Help?

Jesus Bunnyz
02-21-2010, 08:54 PM
My friend and I play 2k10 alot together online Cavs vs. Lakers. He generally just drives with Kobe but I cant stop it I know to go into a 3-2 zone but im always afraid he will find someone wide open with a three. Ron Artest is a nightmare on defense. Anyone with any advice or strategies offensively or defensively or just some tips or advice.. :D

sunnydale415
02-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Run the 1-3-1 zone on him and roam around with your power forward to get deflections and contest shots. Also turn your help defense and defensive pressure sliders up. If I were you I would rather have him shoot threes than layups and dunks with Kobe. So when Kobe starts going to the paint you may want to double team him this may be more effective if you raise your double team slider.

Dpunkz
02-21-2010, 09:09 PM
How many minute Qtrs do you play on? If it is the standard 5 min qtr game dont worry about keeping Shaq fresh. Use time outs as much as you can throughout the game and only keep Shaq on the bench for the first 1 minute of the 3rd qtr. Height is biggest attribute of the game. Also do not play on Ball D especially against Kobe instead probably just run a 131 and user your PF looking to help out in the paint, deflect passes, and user the open gaps with in that zone. You can also double team real well running that 131 when your opp is driving on you.

Jesus Bunnyz
02-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Alright he generally never posts up but its extremely hard to penetrate with LeBron without him blocking everyshot or forcing me to post up I try spin moves once in a while but I cant get past Artest I run pick and rolls but bynum and gasol just stay in the paint and my players not open..

Dpunkz
02-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Alright he generally never posts up but its extremely hard to penetrate with LeBron without him blocking everyshot or forcing me to post up I try spin moves once in a while but I cant get past Artest I run pick and rolls but bynum and gasol just stay in the paint and my players not open..

post up moves are broken this year unless you can get off a quick fade away jumper out of that post which is alwyas a 50/50 thing unless you have a mis match. Problem with the Cavs is they don't have anyone with a good iso package so it is difficult to get around solid on ball defensive players such as artest. It wont be consistent.

Jesus Bunnyz
02-21-2010, 09:36 PM
He a very good 3 point shooter not that this game takes skill but if farmar is wide open he would take the shot or anyone with some exceptions