PDA

View Full Version : Need help on defense

Kyle1413
02-25-2010, 10:58 PM
I just bought the game and im playing the computer in guick game mode. I like to play man to man or 131 defense but for some reason the computer always gets a guy open which doesnt make sense to me, even in a man to man situation.

Also, I played one game where I was getting destroyed by the lakers as the cavs solely because all they did was shoot 3s. they went 3/3 so i decided to go man to man instead of 131.... then they were 7/7 and then i went 3-2 defense and then they went 10/10.... what contitutes them not missing a single 3?

Obviously im doing something wrong, just need insight on what to do better. Its very frustrating, i like the game but dont like watching the other team rain 3s for no reason

aerrico26
02-25-2010, 11:44 PM
when playing defense in this game, the key is to use the correct sliders for the team that you are using in order to better utilize the AI for the team that youre using. With the 131, another tip is to user the power forward underneath the basket and play the passing lanes, contest shots underneath the basket and get out to the corners to contest 3's. This usually requires an athletic, long big man. But a lot of times have these, even if you have to look to the bench

sk7684
02-25-2010, 11:55 PM
double click the L trigger to play lock on d but keep an eye on the energy bar

Kyle1413
02-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the help guys

Ok so next question.There will be times where im leading up to the half and the other team just explodes and continually drains 3s and becomes a team on crack.... what is going on?

moonboi91
03-02-2010, 08:12 PM
also my friend loves using the cavs and i have the heat all he does is keep a big man in the middle for d wade and it works i can only score so much with wade so what should i do?