PDA

View Full Version : do coach profiles REALLY matter?

AznLambo
02-27-2010, 01:43 PM
ive been playing with adjusting the sliders a bit... and i know that attack the basket slider should have an immense affect on jumpshooting and 3's.. BUT... whenever i play... it just doenst take into afect as much because im making the same percentage of 3's (37 % ish finishing the game) as appose to putting that down at 10 and jacking up my take 3's slider to like 80......

so im just asking.. does the coach profiles have that much of an affect on the offensive game (defensive i know it will)

Dpunkz
02-27-2010, 02:25 PM
Yeah they have a huge impact on the game. Not as much as they did in 2k7 / 2k8 though. No one will ever know exactly how they work because for instance. If you jack up your take 3's slider to 100 it does not mean your going to hit every three. Alot of the sliders have something to do with player tendency's and your computer players. When i lab the sliders it's all about getting a feel for how the gameplay changes compared to another coach slider setting

AznLambo
02-27-2010, 03:30 PM
well just like what u told me on aim a few months back.. u said that the knicks have a really high take 3pt slider which is at a 95.. but they dont hit 3's as much...

i dont get the tendencies though.. HOW come some good 3pt shoots have such a low tendency rating for 3's but they can actaully shoot from that range.. so does the tendency tell me that the player's game isnt realy in the 3pt range even when he can shoot them farely well?

princepill
02-27-2010, 09:01 PM
maybe an explanation should have came with the game cause i have no idea what they mean or if they"re effective

moonboi91
03-02-2010, 09:20 PM
same here i dont really know about the coaching profiles

bigbluntburna513
05-27-2010, 10:22 AM
no they dont affect anthing from what ive seen, ive played online where people make every coach profile to 100 and in my opinon all it does it change how the coach coaches the team.. but if your not in coach mode i dont think it makes that much of a difference

ADI1096
05-28-2010, 06:59 PM
I shoot threes all day with zydrunas ilgauskus they go in all the time if you get the release right