PDA

View Full Version : my player - camera angle

Ignarus
01-13-2011, 03:44 PM
So, I love playing from the Turbo perspective but it's freaking annoying sometimes when I need to fly blind because the ball got kicked out to the corner.

I only really get burned when the guy doesn't shoot off the catch and reacts to my close out by moving in for a midrange J and gets it of before I have a chance to get back in his face.

I know the 2k camera is generally the one ppl go with outside of My Player (it's practically gospel) just wondering if there's any reasons to stick with my current setup (turbo/height=10/zoom=1). As it is, I can barely read the score b/c my TV doesn't have HD resolution (I pause it sometimes when it's close...)

So what do you guys use?

I suspect my assist #s are abnormally low because I basically have no idea where everyone is on the court.

Maybe I could use the arrow keypad to do a quick toggle? I know the RB+RS is available, but I usually lose my guy on backdoor cuts if I'm looking at the PnR on the other side of the court (which I kinda need to disrupt a lot).

It also occurs to me that on-court omniscience may not quite be "in the spirit" of My Player mode...

Another question: if your iso-motion LS stuff is set to camera-relative, is that another advantage to having a steadier 2k style camera?

mikemac402
01-17-2011, 10:39 AM
I play on turbo and just deal with the fact that my assists will be low. I drive most of the time so turbo is good for me. I tried playing on 2k but i liked turbo better for attacking.
Another question: if your iso-motion LS stuff is set to camera-relative, is that another advantage to having a steadier 2k style camera? its an advantage for me because if i want a layup, its always the same. Sometimes, when i drive on 2k camera in assosiation, i will hit the wrong layup button, i usually want to do a reverse but i do a ero step or spin reverse.

Ignarus
01-24-2011, 01:06 PM
i tried to switch to 2k camera, but my post defense got shot to crap. couldn't stay in front of people anymore. prolly coulda gotten used to it, but it was damn annoying to not have it under muscle memory.

i basically just drive baseline and shoot it. cpu defense gives me space to cut off the drive and BAM - open midrange J.

but 2k camera lets you see your guy in the corner so you can decide whether to run out and block or just cut off the drive instead of guessing based on the dude's tendencies... dunno, might work on switching in certain situations...