Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Player Point Guard Guide?

Rookie 1
    PS3 ID
    Houdini_305

Question My Player Point Guard Guide?

Im Making A New My Player, I Want A CP3/Wade Type Of Guard, I want to make passes to team mates and also drive in alot because i love doing that, but idk what to put as my play style, i know im not gonna be good as them on my first year but i want a play style that will help me the most, any ideas?

i want to make a 6'4 PG but if u guys have other suggestions and tips id change my mind

Pro 1
    PS3 ID
    iker-30

6'4 is ok for a PG. As playstyle you should choose passing first, allround or scoring. Personally I'd go with scoring because you already have a decent shot from mid-range and you can score a few buckets each game to get your points higher. Then you can docus on passing and on-ball defense to commit less turnovers. That's pretty much what I do now. I set up my shooting skills, then focused on passing. Now I get like 25 ppg and 7-10 assists/game. You should also do a lot of dribble course drills to easily improve your speed rating. If you won't get +1 speed after the drill then just reload your save (autosave MUST be off) and try the dribble course again until you get +1 speed. This makes sense because speed is very expensive.

I personally did the following:

6'3" PG
    All-Around

Get your shot med up to 90, then get your layup up to 90. Shoot in traffic as high as you can but try to also upgrade your vertical WHILE you are upgrading the other things. By the time you have maxed out your vertical, you should have maxed out or NEAR maxed out your shot med and layup.

But also, keep in mind that while you are upgrading, that this isn't the only thing you are upgrading. Make sure you upgrade Ball security!!! I cannot tell you HOW MUCH you wil get stripped while you are dribbling. So make sure that you get your ball security up one by one slowly. Definitely get that at least 80 or 85+.

You should be set from there in terms of shooting wise. Passing-wise.

Passing is very hard in this game now because they don't want that simple, pick and roll pass and it almost guarantees a dunk every time sort of thing. So you always ALWAYS look for players who are open at the 3 at the corners. Always look for them. Depending on your team, as long as you have 1 or 2 players who are good at the 3, look for them. OR You can look for players who are in the post. Pass it to them almost always because they are bound to score.

Pass it to players who are cutting and this year, the players who are cutting is more obvious. You'd definitely see them easily, just pass it to them when they are 2 steps away from the baseline and they'll go in for the layup or dunk.

I personally kept on doing the Shooting drill where you have to take a space and try to conquer the entire shooting area.

Speed is nothing in this game.

I'm sorry iker30 but your tip is useless in this game. Speed is COMPLETELY messed up. Even if you have 99 speed, which I did when I dumped all of my skill points into that on my other player, even centers with 52 speed ratings can still catch up to you.

Even watch the video by Chris Smoove who talked about how bad speed is.

just use a flash card 99 max everything

Quote Originally Posted by miller7180 View Post
    just use a flash card 99 max everything
    THe whole point of the game is to get it by yourself...

Why would he go out and do that...? If he was going to do that then why in the world would he ask for a guide?

Pro 1
    PS3 ID
    iker-30

I know the video but it's still important imo. You need to run faster than you do at the start because you get faster to the rim and can follow your matchup faster in D. I feel the difference when I play the first games without good speed and it's so annoying to walk over the court. And I must say, that it has some effect especially on cherry picking. On speed 85 nobody gets past me, maybe they can get me but not past me which is enough for a fast layup.

Quote Originally Posted by iker30 View Post
    I know the video but it's still important imo. You need to run faster than you do at the start because you get faster to the rim and can follow your matchup faster in D. I feel the difference when I play the first games without good speed and it's so annoying to walk over the court. And I must say, that it has some effect especially on cherry picking. On speed 85 nobody gets past me, maybe they can get me but not past me which is enough for a fast layup.
    Why would you still need to cherrypick... That's my question...

I don't cherrypick whatsoever and all I do is just create my own spot and I get 29 PPG...

Pro 1
    PS3 ID
    iker-30

Ok maybe it's because I play 8 minutes/quarter. I cherrypick to get back on the feet when trailing or just because I see the open way and the defensive rebound. And I think that cherrypicking is very useful in the first 10 or 20 games. After that you can focus on build up plays.

Anyway, did you play with the Celtics? Don't you think that Rondo's strength is his speed? In the end it's everyone's own decision but I feel like I can really use higher speed.