Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GUIDE: The Slider Settings

GUIDE: The Slider Settings

(Sorry, slider support is now closed)

I cant support this any more as i get ALOT of requests/day and the more i give people custom settings the more requests i get.

With that said, i will post this information on the first post of this thread for people to be informed

I might be making a VIP section for things like this in the future not 100% sure yet and when.

If i had the time i would help everyone out, but thats not the case anymore as it was when HG first launched. BUT I WILL post a few random settings every week back in this thread.

But for those who are still looking for slider schemes, please take the time and look through the ridiculous amount of information and slider settings posted, or use the information you have learned to create your own. for now this thread is closed.

My Slider Guide - Getting the Most out of your Sliders!

Here is a in depth dive into what the slider settings really mean, how they work, and good settings for you to have an edge over your competition. Truth is I don't think anyone really knows how sliders work, at least certainly not as well as I do.

People do not understand how to adjust there sliders to suit there style. Alot of times they over adjust. Its safe to say over adjusting your sliders will do more harm then good, especially if you don't have the players to do what your adjusting for. For example the Suns have one of the lowest slider settings in the game over all...Why is this? It's because the suns are mostly a one dimensional team, they dont play much D, hence there D sliders are really low (Help D strength, help recover, contest, etc...) Reason for this being is that slider setting will give you an explosive edge on offense. Then you look at teams like the spurs or Mavericks. They have some of the highest slider settings in the game. this is because they have all around teams (overall good Dawar and Oawar players) The point i am getting at is you can only play with what you got.

Over adjusting your sliders: If you think your going to play better by setting everything at 100, well you are wrong, in fact it is the exact opposite. You will play significantly worse. This is because the game will think your game plan is to utilize everything 100% withc is impossaible....For example if you set your rely at 3 pointer at 100, use finesse inside 100, settler for jumpers 100, attack basket 100 your looking for a near catastrophic outcome (LOL) Now the game thinks your going to shoot 3's all day and shoot jumpers all day, and drive to the basket and make finesse shots (not dunks) all day really really well and on every play(impossiable to do)...well as i said that is impossible, so something has got to give. What really happens is the game balances everything out. So the more slider points you use the more balance there will be, and the more the game will think your going to do everything at once. (Example) you will miss alot of open threes because you didn't attack the basket pull up for a jumper, finish strong (dunk), etc... all at the sometime...kinda make sence? it doesn't and thats the point that why you have to adjust things specifically to your style to utilize the sliders properly.

Are you a passing/assist team or are you a ball hog: One of the most important sliders in the game is the prefer 1 on 1 play slider. the lower you have this the more you will make shots off of passes, assists, and catch and shoot situations. the better you will lead pass because those are assists. but the worse you will be if your planning on passing it to kobe and then running around tell you think you got a open look. The higher you set this setting the better you will be shooting off dribble, passing then running back to the 3 point line and shooting it, or any kind of off dribble shot non catch and shoot situation. If you set prefer 1 on 1 a1 100 dont ever plan on lead passing because the AI will almost always get a deflection because your back doors get really tight. if you set prefer 1 on 1 at 0, dont ever plan on running around the court or perimeter or w/e it is you do tell you get an open look because you will miss even if your open...

Sliders Relate: are you more of a shot blocker or shot alter type? are you more of a position player or an aggressive defensive player? Obviously it depends alot on your team for example you cant be a shot blocker type player if your balling with the knicks, because they have no shot blockers. I once played a guy when i was some what noobish to the game and thought he was cheating because he had 30 steals after 3 qtrs LOL. I knew either he was cheating or it was something to do with the team sliders. If your planning on being a really strong defensive team, you'll get alot of blocks, alter alot of shots making them miss, then you will need an emphasize on your defensive strength over your recover speed. (probably like 95-Dstrength/30-Drecovery) Your D however will be bad in the passing lanes and help side will be a bit slower, but when your in position with this setting you will have the best chance and getting a block or making your oponnent miss...your players reflexes and speed quickness will be slower. So if you put clog passing lanes at 100 with this setting well then your going to get burned all day because your AI and user picks will always be a step slow all day...you would also need to set your Dpressure at 20 cuz your help slide will be slow

If your planning on getting alot of steals and running alot of zones well your going to need to have an emphasize on your D recovery then your D strength. (probably like 100-Drecovery/30-Dstrength) also set your clog passing lanes at 100 because now that your getting into positions faster with that D recovery emphasize, your D will be more flexible and quick. So any sloppy passes your oponnent throws, or your AI in general will just pick off mad passes, you will get alot of steals with this setting. This is also good for lead passers because your players are going to be very quik to react when your trying to intercept a pass! Your D will get back on D a little quicker, but the negatives are your shot contesting power will be weaker and your oponnents will make more altered shots. you would also need to set your D pressure at 100, cuz you can now play up in your opponents face, cuz you will have quick help side

These are both very good Defensive schemes but if you want something in between what i just said go like - 80 D strength and 70 D recovery. Its the best over all D setting in the game, before just using this i would test out the other first, but i guess w/e suits your style

and just use your common sense as far as how other sliders relate, your not going to get every rebound if your fast break is set at 100. and your crash boards is set at 100

As i mentioned about the balance in this game if you over adjust to many sliders....what happens if you do the opposite? Well for example if you put everything at 0 and set rely on 3 at 100, and your using the suns the game will think your going to shoot 3's ever single time down, that will be your upside if you shoot 3's all game, and believe me you will make everything (if your open) (actually set prefer 1 on 1 at like 20) However everything else will be terrible, you will have no D you will have nothing else. you Opp will prolly score every time. I once put 33 3'z in 1 game with arenas when my sliders wer set like this....everything 0...rely on 3 at 100 prefer 1 on 1 at 100, cuz all i did was run around with arenas tell i had an open look! i made 33 3z on like 60% shooting and 104 points total with Arenas...

USE FINESSE INSIDE - this just means all those paint point you make that are not dunks, if you got players like dwight howard you wont need this over 60, but if you dont dunk alot, whether you post up alot or score in the paint w/o dunking period then put this around 90-100

FINISH STRONG INSIDE - if your planning on dunking all game and got guys like amare J smith or dwight, players that dunk in the paint in traffic well set this around 70-80 because whenever you get fouled its most likely going to be an and 1....remember f you jack both these to off because they relate whether your a soft team or dunk team it will balance everything out and it'll just be kinda poopty

PASS WITH FLAIR - I think im the only one that knows what this means...when you throw lead passes how deep do you want to lead your guy? if you want to throw crazy passes and lead the guy to the basket passing the ball between 3 defenders set it high around 90. however your passing in general will float a little more and will be easier to pick off so make sure you got good passers like Nash, Kidd, Davis, etc...cuz they are the only ones that can make those kinds of passes. If you want to make good short safe passes, your lead passes wont be as deep, then set this at around 15...sharp quick passes, great for catch and shooting around the perimeter.

Truth be told i still have a ton of more information about team sliders coming thats all i could handle typing for now, There will be specific slider settings coming soon for all different types of styles...tell me what you want how you play, what your emphasis are, and i will tell you the perfect setting for how you play, i'll do one/day - first come first serve.

SLIDER GUIDE PART 2

wrote by: PLAYBQY

Re: GUIDE: The Slider Settings - NEW!

GREAT GREAT WORK.A lot of my questions were solved from your column but i want to ask you if you can to write some settings about specific style of play.for example about me i have 2 different style of teams in 2 different leagues.The first one st lineup is billups,lebron,artest,aljefferson and ilgauskas and the 2nd one is billups raja bell mcgrady rasheed and magloire.so we have 2 different style of teams what you suggest the best settings for each one will be and why?to tell you the truth because the most of the guys play the same pass into the basket and dunk i want if you can the best d sliders for stoping that annoying lead pass into the paint all the time.so i want d settings for a team that presses hard and steal balls.at offence i want 2 different sliders,first for a balanced offensive team and second for a team with great perimeter players but not so good inside game.if i remember well because i am at work now(i am from greece so we have some hours difference)there are 3 sliders for d from what i have seen you use 2 the 3rd one when is up and when is down?if you can write every slider and what it means exactly and if you put it up or down what it does.THNX IN ADVANCE.

PS1:WHAT AI MEANS?

PS2:IF YOU CAN POST SOME TEAM SLIDERS FOR DIFFERENT STYLE OF TEAMS.

Quote Originally Posted by politiko
    GREAT GREAT WORK.A lot of my questions were solved from your column but i want to ask you if you can to write some settings about specific style of play.for example about me i have 2 different style of teams in 2 different leagues.The first one st lineup is billups,lebron,artest,aljefferson and ilgauskas and the 2nd one is billups raja bell mcgrady rasheed and magloire.so we have 2 different style of teams what you suggest the best settings for each one will be and why?to tell you the truth because the most of the guys play the same pass into the basket and dunk i want if you can the best d sliders for stoping that annoying lead pass into the paint all the time.so i want d settings for a team that presses hard and steal balls.at offence i want 2 different sliders,first for a balanced offensive team and second for a team with great perimeter players but not so good inside game.if i remember well because i am at work now(i am from greece so we have some hours difference)there are 3 sliders for d from what i have seen you use 2 the 3rd one when is up and when is down?if you can write every slider and what it means exactly and if you put it up or down what it does.THNX IN ADVANCE.

PS1:WHAT AI MEANS?

PS2:IF YOU CAN POST SOME TEAM SLIDERS FOR DIFFERENT STYLE OF TEAMS.

AI--- THE COMPUTER (HOW THE COMPUTER PLAYS) ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE

AND yes i am going to be posting some* specific settings very shortly here*

This is a really good slider setting for:

- Fast Tempo
    - Lead passing
    - Catch and shoot 3 pointers
    - soft inside game

- Really aggressive sticky D
    - Zone D friendly (1-3-1 works really good w/ this, traps and full court pressure as well)
    - great perimeter D!

Slider settings Weakness

- Dunks are more likely to get blocked
    - any shots NOT off of assists/catch and shoot are less likely to go in
    - Dunks more prone to get blocked
    - DONT rely on shooting 2 point jumpers

GT: 90
    CB: 50
    FB: 75
    DP: 100
    HDS: 35
    HRS: 95
    PDI: 25
    SFJ: 20
    RO3S: 70
    ATB: 25
    FSI: 5
    LFPP: 20
    P1O1: 0
    TTO: 10
    UFI: 95
    FMS: 35
    PWF: 70
    PTF: 50
    CPL: 100
    ROD: 75
    CS: 50

I'll post more tomorrow, I have a few requests already - but i'll get to w/e you want soon PM me your game play style and what team you use

- ADMIN

Hey whats up i usually play with 3-4 teams Charlotte,Boston,New Orleans and Atlanta.Can you give me some good sliders for Charlotte.My style is medium-fast paced with strong Boston/Detroit style defense.I shoot on average 12-15 3s per game sometimes i can go for 22 3s i like to have my wingmen (J Rich and G Wallace) coming off screens and if im open i'll most likely put up a 3 but if it's Gerald Wallace i'll most likely slash to the hole.I have a well balanced game inside-outside(according to my VIP profile) and i would really like to know how to get more offensive boards from Okafor,Nazr and May i have my offensive and defensive rebounding sliders all the way up to 90-100 so i don't know if thats good or what.

yeah man ill post you the best settings you'll ever use for that style...if i have time tonight i'll do it if not i'll have it posted by tommorow day/early evening

Rookie 1

i run with the nets, i take more j's than pound the ball inside, and when i do post up i'm more finesse than strong. i slash as much as much as i settle for jumpers.* on defense i like altering/blocking shots than stealing or intercepting the ball. can u hook me up with some numbers for my style of play

Quote Originally Posted by ronskii
    i run with the nets, i take more j's than pound the ball inside, and when i do post up i'm more finesse than strong. i slash as much as much as i settle for jumpers.* on defense i like altering/blocking shots than stealing or intercepting the ball. can u hook me up with some numbers for my style of play
    YES N/P we have the slider gurus put up numbers for you tomorrow!*

- admin

THis was tight helped me out a lot.* Really starting to understand how to apply basketball knowledge to my game now.* Looking forward for an update tothe rest of the sliders.

Quote Originally Posted by ronskii
    GT: 65
    CB: 60
    FB: 40
    DP: 25
    HDS: 93
    HRS: 43
    PDI: 50
    SFJ: 70
    RO3S: 30
    ATB: 70
    FSI: 20
    LFPP: 40
    P1O1: 23
    TTO: 25
    UFI: 91
    FMS: 35
    PWF: 35
    PTF: 65
    CPL: 35
    ROD: 40
    CS: 70

This is scheme is a REALLY strong paint setting....shots that are contested will be contested with great power (lots of blocks and when in good position to alter your opp will miss alot!) great for slashing to the hoop, and finishing at the basket well when shots are altered. really good man 2 man D, not so much so for zones.